Please click the link to view the available whitepapers.
- While still most OPC application use the DCOM based classic OPC specification there is a slow transition to the newer web services based OPC specifications XML DA, UA and OPC .NET 3 (Xi).
Designers of new OPC applications should be aware of the available options. This whitepaper shows how applications can be designed to support classic and new OPC specifications.
- This whitepaper summarizes the essential and optional parts of the .NET wrapper software for clients and servers.
- The XMLDA.NET Whitepaper gives a technical overview and a comparison of different OPC .Net wrapper solutions.
- This whitepaper discusses the design of .NET OPC Servers and explains how .NET3 WCF can be used to exchange data between .Net processes.
- This paper is intended to give an overview of what the Express Interface (Xi) is, how server and client applications can be developed based on the Advosol OPC Xi components. (440kB PDF file).
- This PowerPoint slide show explains how users can migrate from classic OPC to OPC Xi based on Advosol products, either converter software modules or dual-mode client/server toolkits.
- This paper explains the OPC Xi Communication and its Configuration. (106kB PDF file).